Singin’ in the Rain

Nixa High School theater program gets ready to perform their last performance on this stage.

Provided by Allison Fleetwood

The theater program at Nixa High School is working on their upcoming performance, “Singin’ in the Rain.” This performance is extra special to some students and teachers because this will be the last performance performed on the current stage before it’s torn apart, due to the construction of the new performing arts center. 

“[This is] The last memory that will be made in this auditorium before it gets destroyed and they create a new one,” freshman Sophia Allen said.

The theater crew, both backstage and on stage, work to make this show as memorable as possible. Students in the theater program meet three times a week: Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Allison Fleetwood, an administrator of the theater program, has high expectations for her students.

“I think Singin’ in the Rain is going to be awesome. I think we have a long way to go and not a lot of time but the cast is strong and I feel good about it,” Fleetwood said.

Singin’ in the Rain has a little bit of everything, giving everyone something to be entertained by, from musicals to feel-good scenes. There is a perfect mix of upbeat scenes and inspiring scenes. 

“Singin’ in the Rain is a very intimate musical with lots of romance, songs, and dances. It also has a lot of scenes,” Allen said.

This is Allen’s first year being in theater. Within these 2 months, Allen has found a group of people that feels and acts like family. Not only that, she found something that she enjoys and wants to keep doing.

“It is one big family, everyone is accepting of everyone and everyone is nice to each other. I enjoy it so much,” Allen said.

The Nixa High School theater program will be performing Singin’ in the Rain November 15, 16, 18-20th at 7:00 pm in the Nixa High School Theater. Tickets are $8 for students and $10 for adults.