FFA students travel to Indiana for conference

Sixteen Nixa High School FFA students went to the 2022 FFA National Convention Trip in Indianapolis, Indiana, from October 29th to the 31st.

On the FFA trip, memories and bonds were made with the teachers and students. 

“We listened to keynote speakers, national officers, some of the kids did some workshops, and then we did a couple of different industry tours,” agriculture education teacher/FFA advisor Lena Stewart said. “We were able to travel with two other schools, watch the kids mingle with each other and create relationships with one another.” 

FFA is a class that anyone can get involved in if they are interested, even if they know nothing about it. 

“It doesn’t matter who you are, everybody should get involved and everybody should really think about joining because it’s not just ag kids, like even if you have no knowledge of animals or plants it’s still a really good opportunity,” Stewart said. 

FFA is about more than just learning in the classroom.

“My favorite part about FFA is the opportunities it has and the group of people in FFA that are like family,” FFA sentinel and 11th grade student Emerson Johnson said. 

Students that went on the trip had to work to be eligible to go on the trip to Indiana. 

“We had to first sell at least 25 mums, and had an interview,” Johnson said. 

If interested in joining FFA, students  can take agricultural science 1 to get started.